Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Introduction to My MicroAquarium

During class time this past Tuesday (10/15/22) we set up our MicroAquariums. The water I used to create my MicroAquarium was collected from French Broad River in Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge. The MicroAquariums provided have three parts; a large enclosed slide (or little "tank"), a base, and a slide-on lid. I filled the tank with water from the bottom, the middle, and the surface of the container of water provided. The bottom includes a layer of dirt, so the bottom of my MicroAquarium has about 1.5 mm of dirt from the bottom of the French Broads River. Once I had included water from all levels of the holding container, I added 2 types of plants to the tank. I wasn't able to observe much this week, but supposedly there will be more to see once all the little organisms get settled in their new home.
Every week, I will be observing the MicroAquarium and blogging about the microorganisms I observe!

No comments:

Post a Comment